Much prayer and planning has been brought to the vision for Spiritual Development for the children of Shoresh David. The current Shabbat School coordinators received some imparted wisdom from a more recent Messianic Jewish conference 1 and then conformed it to their own vision for this Shoresh ministry. As such, the Shabbat School now has the following GOALS that are intended for every child that is part of the congregation…
- To develop a relationship with the Living G-d of Israel through Yeshua, the Jewish Messiah.
- To experience G-d in a profound way through the power that comes from being filled with the Ruach HaKodesh.
- To operate freely in the gifts of the Spirit.
- To develop a burden for the lost souls, especially for the Jewish people.
- To develop a strong Messianic identity within the context of Congregation Shoresh David and through a Jewish expression.
- To develop a solid foundation of Biblical knowledge through age appropriate teaching of basic Bible Doctrine and Bible
1 Messiah Conference 2017 – MJAA
- Chavurah – This time of fellowship currently meets on average twice a month, at the Communal Fellowship house that is next to the synagogue building. The format is the following: 1) we will begin with light snack. 2) then, a brief time of worship. 3) and finally, a brief time in the Word. Our time in God’s word is not meant to be primarily for teaching—not a duplicate of our Shabbat service. Our goal is to facilitate community through group discovery, insight, and experiencing the Lord together.
- Men’s Meeting
Shoresh David is a tithing congregation, meaning that 10% percent of all tithes and general donations received are provided as an offering to our two covering organizations: Tikkun Ministries and the UMJC. Both of these ministries do much for edification of the Body of Messiah and specifically Messianic Jewish ministry, both in Israel and the USA. In turn, oversight and other governmental resources are provided by these two entities. Please visit our Resources section to learn more about these organizations.
In addition to this offering, Shoresh David provides small contributions to two other ministries that we strongly support. Our hope is that separate from the tithe you may provide to your own home congregation, that you may consider blessing ministries such as the two following:
1. Matthew & Rebecca Smoler – Israel Initiatives
Matthew Smoler is a missionary with the International House of Prayer in Kansas City, Missouri. IHOPKC is an evangelical missions organization that is committed to serving the Great Commission through proclaiming the excellence of Yeshua and advancing night and day prayer (since 1999).
Matthew serves on the management team for the Israel Initiatives as well as leads corporate prayer for Israel. Rebecca and Matthew are filled with a passion to help equip the body of Messiah to embrace the Gospel of the Kingdom, prayer, and the salvation of Israel!
2. Pastor Igor Bagirov – Beth-El Ministries
Beth-El Ministries’ focus is reaching lost people and sharing the Good News with them, glorifying God’s name, having a good fellowship and building part of God’s Kingdom on this earth through fellowship, worship and the preaching of God’s Word. Pastor Igor Bagirov and his congregation understand the Jewish roots of Christianity. All Apostles were Jewish, and so was the first church. They believe, that we live in the time of salvation of Hebrew remnants.
In 2002, with God’s help and blessing, Pastor Igor started the new Messianic Congregation “Magen David” in South Euclid. Recently, the ministry took the new name “Beth-El”, which means “The House of God”. One more House of God in Cleveland, Ohio, one more place where people can find the salvation, where they can hear the Good News, and find rest for their tired souls!
“For I do not want You, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery – so that you will not be wise in your own estimation – that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; and so all Israel will be saved.” Romans 11:25,26